24 Interims (K-2 paper, 3-5 HAC)
25 Spring Band Concert 6:30
2 Last day to check out books
2 & 3 FSA Reading 4th & 5th
6 & 7 FSA Math 3rd, 4th, & 5th
9 & 10 FSA Science 5th grade only
9 All books due back to the Media Center
10 Spirit Stick Sales
13 -17 Book Fair
14 SAC meeting 3:30 p.m.
14 Parent Night for Book Fair
16 Dep. Kowieski Cyber/text safety pres. 7:00 p.m.
23 5th Grade Graduation at Creekside 6:00 pm
24 Last day for students
Click here for more information regarding Kindergarten 2019-2020, including:
- Online registration
- Tour information
- Extended Day
2018-2019 Instructional Materials Adoption
Final Math list announcement for -websites and newsletters
*** District Policy Regarding Anyone Wishing to Enter the School ***
Any person coming into the school or attending a field trip MUST have completed the School Access Form (formerly known as the Volunteer Application). This includes visits for parent/teacher conferences, lunch, volunteering, or any other reason for entering the school. You only need to complete the form one time while your child is in the St. Johns County School District. Please follow this link to complete the form. http://www.stjohns.k12.fl.us/volunteer/
Please check out the amazing discounts and benefits offered to our PTO members by our JCE PTO Business Partners.
Provisional Transportation Waiver Program
The St. Johns County School District Provisional Transportation Waiver Program (PTWP) extends transportation services to students assigned to district schools based on space availability and criteria.
Follow this link to learn more about this program and to access the required application form: http://www.stjohns.k12.fl.us/transportation/ptwaiver/
Notes from the cafeteria
Meal prices: Breakfast $1.25, Lunch $2.80
If a student’s lunch account balance is below $0 they are only allowed to purchase a lunch with no extras. If you would like to keep track of your student’s account please sign into paypams.com. If you would like to place a restriction on your student’s account you may send in a note to your student’s teacher, or email the cafeteria manager at [email protected].
eSchoolPlus Home Access Center (HAC)
For online access to a student’s grades, parents need to complete the form and return it to our front office staff. Once returned, access information will be given to your child within three school days. Learn more about eSchoolPlus and Home Access Center (HAC). Here is the link for the Student Info Update Form. You can also check the district site for more information. Mrs. Karl is available here at JCE to help answer any questions.
Extended Day Open Enrollment 2018-2019
Extended day is accepting applications for the 2018-2019 school year. Contact the Extended Day Coordinator, Jennifer Frascello, 547-7983 or [email protected]. Visit the Extended Day page for more information.
Extended Day Pre-Pay Punch Cards
Eighteen Fun Filled Visits for $360.00 – only one card needed per family – no registration fees – no commitment – includes snack, drink, and Extended Day scheduled activities. 24 hour reservation required. Available For Purchase Today! Call: 547-7983
Please be prepared to show a picture ID when coming on school grounds. All visitors to the school during school hours must be cleared as a volunteer. It is a district-wide policy that each person coming to the school during school hours be cleared as a volunteer prior to being admitted. This includes coming to school to have lunch with a child, attending a field trip, or for a teacher conference.
Parents, if it is necessary to change your student’s transportation during school, please fax (547-7985) a note prior to 2:15 pm (1:15 pm on Wednesdays) or you can send an email to [email protected] Last minute changes are discouraged as they often confuse the student.
** Due to limited capacity we cannot issue guest bus passes. Students may only ride the school bus that they are zoned for. You may view the list of bus routes by visiting http://www.stjohns.k12.fl.us/transportation/routes/
JCE Policies for Arrival and Dismissal
- If your student is not in the building by 8:30 a.m. they are considered tardy and will need to be walked into the front office by a parent.
- Encourage your student to get out of or into the car as quickly as possible.
- Pull all the way forward so that as many cars as possible can be unloaded/loaded at one time.
- Cell Phone usage is never allowed in the student drop off and pick up lines!
- Students should not be exiting their car before 8:00 am. There is no supervision for students before that time.
- Only cars dropping off extended day and safety patrol students should pull in front of the school before 8:00 am.
- In the afternoon please keep the yellow sign, with your student’s name written in large, black marker, in the window until your student is in the car.
JCE Box Top Challenge – CLIP – BAG – TAG
It’s Box Top contest time and this year it’s better and easier than ever. Now every JCE student in your family gets credit for the Box Tops (no expired ones please) you turn in. Also, not only will the classroom with the most collected win a prize every quarter, but at the end of the year the top family will as well. It’s as simple as 1, 2, 3.
1. CLIP– Clip your Box Tops.
2. BAG– Collect them in a bag.
3. TAG– Label the bag with your family’s last name, student(s)’ first name(s)’, teacher(s)’ name(s), and send them in.
Do you have used ink cartridges? Old cell phones or cracked iPad’s? You can donate it all to Julington Creek’s Technology Department to earn money for our school. It is so easy… Just drop it off in JCE’s front office or have your child take the items to the Technology Lab.
Mon/Tues/Thurs/Fri: 8:30am – 2:50pm
Wed and Early Release: 8:30am – 1:50pm
New to Julington Creek Elementary?
Maria Chrissovergis, New Family Liaison, can help you with questions or concerns. Visit our Welcome page for more information and be sure to check out our informative newsletters just for newcomers. Thank you!
Checking Your Child Out Before the End of the Day
Send a note or email to your student’s teacher and the front office letting them know your child will be leaving school before the end of the day. Come into the front office to sign out your child and show your identification. Early checkouts must be completed by 2:15 p.m. on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. Early checkouts must be completed by 1:15 p.m. on Wednesdays. These policies are necessary to facilitate the safe dismissal of our students.
Dress Code Reminders
Please keep the following in mind:
• Hats, sunglasses, etc. must be taken off and put away upon arrival (except in case of medical necessity or special events authorized by administration)
• Shoes must be safe and appropriate and must have a back – no flip-flops, etc.
• No tank tops, spaghetti straps, or shirts/dresses that are cut out at midriff.
• Clothing must be free of logos or sayings with profanity, violence, drugs, alcohol, or tobacco or anything that would be disruptive to the learning environment.
• Skirts and shorts must be no shorter than 4 inches above the knee. Leggings are permitted to be worn under a skirt or long sweater/skirt.
• Hair should be a natural color and styled in a way that is not distracting.
• No excessive make-up.
Do you need assistance?
If you are a person with a disability who needs assistance to attend meetings or activities at Julington Creek Elementary, please call 547-7980 for help.
For Parents of Students with Disabilities
Your child may be eligible for the McKay Scholarship Program for Students with Disabilities. For more information, please see the McKay Letter 2017-2018 and/or visit http://www.stjohns.k12.fl.us/ese/choice/.