School Advisory Council Julington Creek Elementary 2022 - 2023
Looking for a place to serve?
We invite all parents and community members to join us.
Contact SAC Chair Valerie Foster or Dana Johnston for more information.
Regularly scheduled meetings are on the second Tuesday
of each month at 3:30 p.m. in the Media Center.
SAC Meeting Notes
2022 - 2023 Meeting Notes
September 13, 2022
October 11, 2022
November 8, 2022
December 13, 2022
January 10, 2023
February 14, 2023
April 11, 2023
May 9, 2023
21-22 Meeting Notes
20-21 Meeting Notes
2020-2021 Schoolwide Improvement Plan
What is a School Advisory Council (SAC)?
- The school advisory council consists of teachers, students, parents and education support personnel (elected by their peers) and other citizens representative of the ethnic, racial and economic community served by school.
- SAC assists in the preparation and evaluation of the School Improvement Plan. SAC advertises the final draft of the school improvement plan and conducts a public meeting for community suggestions for modifications and serves as an advocate in the community and the school for implementation and assists in public relations efforts related to the plan.
- SAC supports school improvement implementation. The purpose of school improvement is data-driven decision making. The process is supposed to be fairly simple and straight forward: The SAC reviews relevant data (which is much more than test scores), identifies problem areas, develops improvement strategies, monitors their implementation, and then starts the whole process over when the next round of data is available. SAC collects and analyzes information about the community and the school and receives public input regarding needs of the school. SAC provides ongoing review of the progress being made toward implementation of the school improvement plan. SAC evaluates success by monitoring short-term and long-term outcomes.
- SAC assists the principal in the school’s annual budget. A portion of funds provided in the annual General Appropriations Act for use by school advisory councils must be used for implementing the school improvement plan. SAC approves of the expenditure of school improvement funds.
- SAC & the school’s staff jointly decided on how to spend A+ recognition money.
- SAC members attend meetings, adhere to the “Sunshine Law”, and perform functions as prescribed by regulations of the school board.